A mare may have breeding difficulties for a variety of reasons. Our Stud Veterinarians are able to use their knowledge and experience, along with the latest equipment and our in house laboratory to establish the cause and identify a solution to solve the problem.
Some or all of the following procedures can be used to investigate problem or infertile mares.
- Assessment of vulva conformation
- Rectal and ultrasound examination of ovaries and uterus
- Hormonal analysis
- Vaginoscopic examination
- Endometrial biopsy
- Uterine swabs
Depending on the abnormalities found or previous in breeding history, the following treatment options are available.
- Caslicks operation
- Uterine lavage
- Intra uterine antibiotics
- Hormonal treatment such progesterone
- Laparoscopic treatment for oviductal blockage